|2008 Dry Rosé VQA|
Aromas of rose petals and the flavours of vibrant cherry and cranberry round out this refreshing dry summer sipper. Ageable for up to 3 years.
* Made from selected Niagara vineyards. The blend percentage varies from vintage to vintage and draws on Zweigelt, Syrah, Caberhet Sauvignon, Cabernet franc, Merlot, Pinot Noir and Gamay.
* Harvest Dates: Oct 12th to October 15th, 2007
* Yields of 3 to 4 Tonnes/acre (~50 – 70 hL/ha)
* Skin contact of 48 hours and then cool fermented in stainless steel tanks.
Triple Créme Brie cheese, chicken baked with green olives and preserved lemons, summer fruit salad drizzled with reduced Balsamic vinegar, and lighter barbeque fare such as red snapper with mango pineapple salsa.
Awards & Reviews
Silver medal- 2007 Ontario Wine Awards
"****Cherry, cranberry and perfumed floral notes make up the key descriptors for this bright and intense rose. Made with the dinner table-or picnic basket- in mind, a burst of pure fruit flavour is balanced by nice acid and some subtle herbal notes. When the temperature rises, this is just the thing to serve with the first of a spring dinner party."
- Christopher Waters, Niagara Magazine, May/June 2007
"Dry, delicate and well-balanced, the slightly honeyed, strawberry tinged, crisp, ripe plum flavours show crowd-pleasing versatility - perfect with poultry, ham, pork and even seafood."
- Michael Vaughan, National Post, April 7, 2007